I found this recipe over at Skinny Taste.
12oz top round beef, trimmed to 1/8″ fat, prime grade
4tsp + 3TBS Soy Sauce
1TBS Rice Vinegar
5tsps Vegetable Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 Large Onion, sliced into strips
1/2tsp Black Pepper
- Start cooking rice in rice cooker. (I got one for my birthday and use it all the time.)
- Slice Pepper and Onion
- Slice meat into thin slices with the grain, about 1″thick
- In a bowl, whisk together 4tsp of Soy Sauce, 1TBS Rice Vinegar, 1tsp Cornstarch, and Black Pepper. Add to sliced beef. Whisk together first so you don’t have any lumps from the cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl, mis 3TBS Soy Sauce, 1TBS Water, and 2tsp Cornstarch. Set Aside
- Heat your Saute Pan/Wok on high heat. Swirl in 1 tbsp oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 2 minutes. Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.
- Serve over Rice